Sue Fox, @Properties. Direct 773.816.1788
Subscribe to Site
- FHA loans
- Market conditions
- Tax credits
Real Estate radio
Before I head out to a friend’s house for a combo Super Bowl Party/Baby Shower (don’t ask), I just wanted to say… Go Saints!
Actually, I wanted to say that Super Bowl Sunday kicks off our spring season in the land of Chicago home buying. This year, buyers have already been out and about for a solid month — I had six showings today, for two different sets of clients — because many of them hope to take advantage of the $8,000 first-time buyer’s tax credit.
Expect a busy spring for well-priced properties, because the credit is soon to expire. Buyers must have a property under contract by April 30 in order to qualify. This deadline also applies to move-up buyers who qualify for the $6,500 credit for those buying another home.
And you must close by June 30. That said, enjoy the game!
Leave a Reply
- Sizzle is back in the South Loop
- How to Buy a Chicago Foreclosure (as Supply Steadily Shrinks)
- Home prices jump 15% in 2014, but cold weather chills sales
- Lincoln Square on a Tear as Average House Price Tops $600,000
- More choices ahead for Chicago buyers as rally cools